Pages

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

A Night at the Symphony.

There's just something simply elegant about going to the Symphony. The dimmed lights, classically beautiful music and a purse full of candy make for a lovely evening. What? You don't sneak candy into the Symphony?



Slightly Sparkley Sweater: Kohls. Brown Basketweave Belt: Thrifted, Goodwill. Navy Pleated Skirt: Thrifted, Teen Challenge Thrift Store. Nude Wedges: JCPenney.

I didn't get a picture of my candy stash, but you can be sure my purse was full of Sour Gummy Worms, Ring Pops and Spree's. I looked for Warheads (my all time favorite!) but couldn't find any. Do you remember those little sour hard candies? Man they were the best. The Jackson Roller Skating Rink kept those puppies stocked. You weren't cool unless your tongue was burnt from extreme sour-ness.



I offered the man sitting next to me some of my candy, but he replied "Actually, there's no food or drink allowed in the Symphony Hall."

Well of course there's no food or drink allowed in the Symphony Hall! But does that include candy? Because if so that's just ridiculous.

Turns out I should have listened to that informative stranger. My tummy still hurts from all that sugar!

2 comments:

  1. Love that skirt and those wedges. Oh me oh my.
    I chipped a tooth as a kiddo on warheads...darn those candies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jess! I chipped a tooth on a jaw breaker once! Ahh the pain we endure for a good old fashioned sugar high.

    ReplyDelete