Pages

Saturday, September 10, 2011

Good and Healthy.

I eat whatever I want. It's true. I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with that, IF you take care of your body in other ways....like exercising. And let's just be honest here, I don't do that very often.

So I have come to a point in my quarter century here on this earth that I need to take better care of myself. In our house we've started actually thinking about what we eat, or I should say I'VE started thinking about what I cook and how it affects my health and my family's health.

Here's a yummy healthy recipe I tried last week. Everyone ate it and didn't complain....so that's a start!

Healthy Chicken Pockets

INGREDIENTS:
4 thawed boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips.
4 carrots, chopped
4 handfuls of chopped mushrooms
1 bag of frozen broccoli florets, cooked according to directions on package.
dash of dill weed
dash of lemon pepper
lemon juice
dash of garlic

DIRECTIONS:
1. Preheat oven to 375. Cut four squares of tinfoil. Spray each foil square with non-stick spray.
2. Divide mushrooms, carrots, and broccoli amongst the four foil squares. Lay each piece of cut chicken on top, then season with dill, lemon pepper, garlic, and lemon juice.

3. Fold the foil up and place each pocket on a baking sheet. Cook for 30-45 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Enjoy!!


Picture is a little dark but you get the idea. I also separated the broccoli instead of cooking it with the chicken for my little picky eater.
 Do you have any "extra healthy" recipes you'd like to share? I could use some help in this department since I usually am not thinking "lean" when I cook!

No comments:

Post a Comment