Pages

Friday, September 30, 2011

Eat This, Not That: Green Spaghetti.

We've been trying to eat a bit healthier around our house, but it's not easy. I'm trying to take one not-so-healthy ingredient from every meal and swapping it with something healthier. I love to swap! :) Last night I tried Spinach Spaghetti instead of the regular old stuff, and it turned out great! Actually the hubs didn't even realize it was spinach--win!


I picked this up from Natural Health Organic Foods here in Cape for $2.39. That's over $1.00 more than the Schnucks brand spaghetti that I usually buy, but I think it's worth it for the organic and spinach factor.


It looks kinda funny cooking, huh? I promise it tastes great though!


See? Once you add the sauce and meatballs it just looks like regular ol' sketti. Tastes just as yummy too!

Have you heard of the book, Eat This, Not That? This book compares different restaurant menu items and chooses healthier options to help you make better decisions. It's also a cookbook and an iPhone App! Once I get the iPhone that'll be one of the first apps I buy.

Do you try to eat "healthier" menu items when you go out to eat? Do you have any healthy ingredient suggestions for me?


also, p.s.....we got a new puppy! Picked her up yesterday from the humane society.




What's different about this puppy is that John is SO proud to be her owner. She's very tiny (only 6 weeks old!) so John has no problem picking her up and carrying her around. He's learning to "be easy" and hold her softly. He held her in his lap in the car yesterday the entire way home--so sweet!

Don't forget! Tonight is the HOW? Jewelry Soiree. I'm in charge of the wine and will be pouring selections from South Africa as well as some local Missouri wines. Come, browse the jewelry, eat some yummy appetizers and try some new wine! Hope to see you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment