Pages

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

A Fashion Show.

Some of you might not know this about me, but I work part time at Major Brands, a wholesale liquor, craft beer, and fine wine distributor. The fun part of my job involves planning events at local venues and restaurants around the area, and sometimes pouring wine at tastings. Major Brands was a Red Carpet Sponsor for the Safe House for Women Vintage NOW Fashion Show held last night! We donated the wine for the event and I had a blast pouring wine and checking out all the vintage outfits. This is what I chose to wear! I'll admit I was a bit nervous at first to wear such a fancy dress, but I felt comfortable once I got to the event because almost everyone was dressed to the nines.








The best part about the dress was the back....so unexpected. I scored this dress from Annie Laurie's Antiques for around $30.

I especially love being involved with events like this because the proceeds all went to a good cause. Who doesn't love a little guilt free partying? :)



My partner in crime Natalie, setting up the Major Brands wine table.

The models backstage before the show.

Deb Maevers, owner of Pastimes Antiques and producer of the show.

Me and WESLEY!!! This was towards the end of the night haha!



This was the first time I'd ever been to The Venue--it was amazing. I loved how elegant and classy everything felt!

I know I said I would post pictures of office appropriate outfits on Wednesdays...well, I'm not sure this dress is appropriate for the office, but this was a work-related event for me, so that counts. Right? ;) Well anyway I'll see what I can do about  posting a work outfit tomorrow!

I'm going to be doing a little vintage shopping this afternoon. I'm so inspired by all the designs I saw last night I just can't help myself! Hope you all are having a great Wednesday.

xoxo,
Les

No comments:

Post a Comment