Pages

Monday, October 24, 2011

Sanity Saving Monday: The Problem with Bedtime.

I had a great idea for today's post about our Halloween costumes, but I couldn't get my husband to put his costume on for a picture haha. So you'll just have to wait until closer to the party to check out his outfit :)

In other news....I haven't been sleeping much. I've been waking up in the night with my mind racing and can't seem to fall back asleep. As a matter of fact it happened to me just last night. I woke up at about 3:00am because John was tapping me trying to crawl into bed. I changed him then put him back in his room, then went back to bed myself but couldn't fall back to sleep. I was making all these mental lists about what I needed to do today....ugghh so much work! Something is seriously wrong when you can't take your mind off of the world. I just kept thinking of different scenarios for different things going on and was making myself crazy.

I think the real problem with bedtime is that I haven't had a break from my daytime routine. For me, when I get too bombarded with activities, it affects my overall mood and stress-level. Remember last week when I talked about letting my Yes be Yes and No be No? That's a serious issue I have. But how do you start saying "No" to people or activities? That's a tough one for me.

So while I try to work on that daily, what's the solution for getting more sleep? Here's a couple of things I'm going to try this week, and I'll let you know how it goes.

1. Valerian Supplements. These are herbal pills that can be known to help with insomnia naturally. I'm not usually a pill taker, but I have a friend who has tried these so I'm hoping to look into it.

2. Chamomile Tea. This is probably the route I'll go first. I love tea anyway, and especially at night, Also the tea is a bit more affordable than the supplements. I've heard that the taste isn't that great though so maybe honey will help? Have you tried Chamomile tea?

3. Warm Cereal. My Nana told me to try heating up my milk before I add my cereal, and eating that before bedtime. She said it will make my tummy warm and full and I'll be able sleep better.

Well ladies, do you have any sleep solutions for me? It's 8:45 and I'm about to jump into bed and give this thing another go. Wish me luck! See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment