Pages

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Bookish.

I love people watching in Barnes and Noble. I think it's interesting to see what kind of book people pick up.

Here's what I observed yesterday afternoon at B&N.

A Grandma scanning through a  "GED for Dummies" book.

A pimple faced teen reading in the "Anime" section.

Two college girls drinking iced coffee and flipping through fashion magazines.

A woman about my age in the "Romance" section.

A Hipster-looking couple in the "New Age" section.

An unsupervised Hispster-looking child playing with Lego's.

And the tallest man I've ever seen reading a bathroom remodeling book.

The neat thing about people in a book store is that they're all there for one general purpose: To Read. No matter what kind of book they're interested in, I think it's just awesome that they're interested in reading, period. I would never judge these fine folks by their reading material, because who knows, maybe the Grandma is trying to help a friend finally get a High School degree. Maybe the kid in the Anime section wants to become an artist and is studying technique. And that super tall man is probably trying to remodel his bathroom for his lovely wife before Valentine's day.

I'd say, if you are looking for a new friend, probably the best place to find one is at a book store. You can't go wrong with a friend who likes to read.



Shirt: Old Navy. Scarf: Target. Jeans: Kohls. Bag: Target. Glasses: Warby Parker. Wedges: JCP
 Wondering what section I was reading in? That's a secret my friends. You'll just have to wait and find out.

2 comments:

  1. I 100% agree!!!!!! People who read books are the best. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love people watching at B&N! Another little secret that I love doing at B&N is treasure hunting in the chairs. I found $10.58 one night while I was there. Just go when there aren't a whole lot of people and lift the cushions on the chair like you dropped something. It's amazing what you'll find.

    ReplyDelete