Pages

Monday, February 27, 2012

Potty Training Fairy, Family Celebrations and More!



Hello friends! Hope everyone had a great weekend. Here's what we've been up to the past week:


We're having some potty training issues. John turned 3 last month and I'm really feeling the pressure to get him out of diapers for good. He has good days and bad, and almost always goes pee pee on the potty, but he definitely is not willing to go number two anywhere except in a pull up. I set a timer and pretty much force him to go into the bathroom every 20 minutes and at least try to go.....but it's getting exhausting for both of us! We also can't go out in public in underwear because he seems to always have an accident no matter how many times we go to the restroom. If there's a potty training fairy out there for hire, please send her my way!


Here's John wearing some "plastic panties" as I like to call them. These did NOT work at all for him! John thought they were too much like a diaper. I'll spare you the gory details but let's just say we had a mess.....everywhere.

But he sure looks cute wearing them huh? :)

I have really been trying to limit John's exposure to television. We only have basic cable, so that limits his viewing to only PBS and TCT which helps, but he loves DVD's and would watch one constantly if I'd let him. John's current favorite is Lady and the Tramp (it's probably my favorite too!) I'm only letting him watch TV while I'm cooking dinner, and as soon as it's time to eat no more TV. After dinner I want to focus more on reading or working on our word pronunciation. Please pray that I can be consistent with this, because it's far too easy to just turn on a movie and be done with it.




We have a new baby in the family! Daniel's brother Perry and wife Lauren welcomed Perry Clifford Hazelwood V into the world on Sunday, February 19. We waited for that little stinker for about 9 hours!


They had a big open playroom next to the hospital waiting room and John spent the entire afternoon goofing off with his Uncle Mitch who was home from West Point to see the new baby.

Nap time with Grandpa in the hospital waiting room.

He's here! Perry Clifford Hazelwood V, 9 1/2 pounds, 21 inches long! Great job Mama Lauren!


I am a proud Aunt!!



Daniel and I also celebrated our 3rd Anniversary on February 21st! We celebrated with a Fat Tuesday inspired dinner of raw oysters, homemade jambalaya, crab cakes and fancy bloody mary's!

Dinner was sooo good! Those are our Anniversary cards behind the food there :)
Our fancy bloody mary's :)

John had a special drink too! Non-alcoholic of course!

I hope you had a fun week too!

No comments:

Post a Comment