Pages

Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Personal Announcement.

Sorry for the unexpected break from posting. I've been thinking of the perfect way to announce to all of you the big change that has happened in my life, a change that will affect my personal life and this blog. I have been focusing on my school work, family and my job situation, which ultimately comes before this blog. I think the best way to tell you what is going on is to just spill the beans completely!

I'm very excited to announce that I have resigned from my job at Major Brands and will soon begin working as Media Manager/Stylist/Manager of a new retail business opening in Cape Girardeau called Two Ravens!

You can read the press release here!

Several months ago, I crossed paths with an amazing woman named Bridgett who has a dream for a women's retail store that introduces the concept of giving back through purchases. Every item purchased at Two Ravens will donate 10% of sales to charitable organizations or Christian missions. We believe that through Christ and Two Ravens we can make a difference in this world and in the lives of women in Cape Girardeau. Two Ravens will have women's clothing, accessories and home interiors that are like nothing Cape Girardeau has ever seen before! Two Ravens is a sister store of Philanthropy Fashion located in Franklin, TN. Check out Philanthropy's website and you'll have a better understanding of what Two Ravens will be like!

Since Bridgett approached me about coming to work for her full time, God has pieced together the details to make that happen. Christ has been behind every move I have made and I believe that this job is what He ultimately wants me to do. I'm so excited to be working in an atmosphere where I can talk about my one true love, Jesus Christ, every single day!

We will soon have a Facebook page and Website for Two Ravens that I will be managing. I will be posting and styling outfits on the Two Ravens blog just like I do on Life Told By Leslie. So, where does that leave this blog?

Life Told By Leslie will continue to feature more personal aspects of my life, like cooking, family, personal organization and outfit photos. Basically I plan to keep things the same around here, but I can't guarantee I'll be posting every single day. I will reserve my styling advice and wardrobe consultation for Two Ravens, which will be a major part of my new job! I'm so excited!

Life Told By Leslie has helped me to get to where I am today, and I am so thankful for all of you out there who take the time to read into my little world every day. I hope you'll stand by me and support me on this new adventure, and follow me through Two Raven's blog and facebook page. I'll be sure to let you know when they are both up and running!

I'm so thankful for the four years I spent at Major Brands. I love all my "boys" in the office, and I know they'll eventually be fine without me. Change is always hard, but sometimes it's necessary in order for us to be happy and live life to the fullest.

Please pray for me and my family as we transition both financially and emotionally to this new avenue in our lives. I am excited and nervous as you can imagine!

xoxo,
Les

"The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle. As with all matters of the heart, you'll know when you find it." ---Steve Jobs

"For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord. Plans to prosper you, not to harm you. Plans for a hope, and a future." ---Jeremiah 29:11

2 comments:

  1. good luck les!! also, i needed to hear this. thank you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Miss Les! Change is exciting and this sounds liek a great fit for you. The sister site reminds me a bit of Francesca's. Looks very cool! I'll be sure to follow the new blog too!

    ReplyDelete