Pages

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Dinner Tonight: Lahmajoon Pizza + a Meal Plan

I hope you all enjoy seeing my food creations every once in awhile. I do like sharing them and honestly it is nice to have an online record of recipes I've tried! I'm also going to incorporate into these foodie posts my Meal Plan for the week. I've talked before about how important I think Meal Planning is for my family, but I'm not perfect and some weeks don't always go as planned. Having a weekly menu takes the guesswork out of dinner and the stress of deciding what to cook at the last minute. Plus, if you don't like what Mama's fixin' tonight, then too bad you're not eating! (wink wink)

Here's my plan for this week and part of next:

Monday 2/27: Meatloaf w/Broccoli.Check!
Tuesday 2/28: Leftover Chicken Wings and Pork Steaks from Sunday (I'll cut the pork up and mix it with some eggs and rice)
Wednesday 2/29: Happy Leap Day! Lasagna, Salad and Homemade Bread
Thursday 3/1: I'm out with the girls, and Daniel wants to take John to dinner at the Bayou.
Friday 3/2: BINGO night at church, so we'll eat Crockpot Chicken Taco's before we go!
Saturday 3/3: Selling tickets for RCP, so dinner for free at Port Cape!
Sunday 3/4: Crockpot Honey Asian Chicken and Rice
Monday 3/5: Spicy Curry Pork and Rice (I'll throw in any leftovers of Honey Asian Chicken too)

Sounds like a plan! I find myself to be a pretty free-spirited person, but man I do love a good list. Sometimes it feels good to have things planned out. These recipes are all based on ingredients I already have stocked in my fridge and pantry. I won't need to shop again until probably the 7th or 8th, which is right around pay day. Perfect timing, huh?

Last week I made homemade pizza that was AMAZING if I do say so myself :) Hope you enjoy!

LAHMAJOON PIZZA



INGREDIENTS:
1 pound of ground lamb (it's expensive, but worth it!)
1 cup of feta cheese
1/2 cup of sun dried tomatoes, sliced
1/2 cup of black olives
1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese
1 cup of tomato sauce
1 pre-made pizza crust (Bertolli brand is my favorite!)
a few dashes of oregano

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 400. Cook the lamb meat thoroughly, like you would ground beef. It is pretty fatty so drain off any excess grease. Assemble the pizza, starting with spreading the tomato sauce onto the pre-made crust. Add mozz cheese next, followed by lamb meat, sun dried tomatoes and black olives. Top with the feta cheese and a few dashes of oregano. Bake until the crust starts to turn brown, about 15 minutes. **NOTE** the feta cheese does not really melt, it will become soft so make sure you don't burn the crust thinking that the cheese hasn't melted enough and needs to cook longer.

A fun, non traditional style pizza that my family loved! Let me know if you try it at home!

No comments:

Post a Comment