Pages

Thursday, March 10, 2011

It's almost like the real thing.

I decided to copy a dish from my favorite restaurant, Bella Italia. Turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. Bonus, it was really easy to do, and even John loved it.

Leslie/ Bella Italia's Fettuccine and Peas

INGREDIENTS:
1/2 box of fettuccine noodles (full box if you cooking for four or more)
1 bag of frozen peas
1 handful of fresh mushrooms
1 jar of Alfredo sauce
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
1 loaf of Hawaiian Sweet Bread
a dessert plate full of Extra Virgin olive oil, Parmesan cheese, and cracked black pepper

DIRECTIONS:
At Bella Italia, they bring out the most delicious bread and olive oil dip. Here's how mine turned out, using the Hawaiian Sweet Roll, olive oil, parm cheese, and pepper. I served this to Daniel and John before dinner was ready.
mmmmm yummy.

For the Alfredo, I first cooked the chicken in a skillet until heated through. I seasoned it with a little lemon juice and pepper because at Bella Italia I always taste lemon in everything.
While the chicken cooks, boil your water for the fettuccine noodles. Once the water is boiling, add the noodles and continue to boil, stirring every once in awhile. I add a scoop of margarine to the noodles so they don't stick together.

Once the chicken is finished cooking, transfer to a plate. Add mushrooms and a little olive oil to the skillet and cook until mushrooms are nice and slimy :)

Start cooking your peas in the microwave. I used some of those frozen steam-in-bag peas.

Once everything is finished cooking add the Alfredo sauce, cooked chicken, and peas to the mushrooms.

Check the noodles and make sure they aren't still chewy, and drain the water. Transfer the noodles to a plate, top with the sauce mixture and you're done! Yummy, easy dinner everyone will love!


Have you ever tried to copy a favorite dish from a restaurant? Thanks again Bella Italia! :)

1 comment:

  1. I have an awesome recipe for the pasta con broccoli at Pasta House. It tastes JUST like the past house pasta. I'll send you the recipe if you'd like. Derek and Stratton love peas so I might just have to try this one out.

    ReplyDelete