Pages

Friday, August 26, 2011

Fashion Friday: Warby Parker.

Let me just start off by saying that I'm so excited about today's post that I can barely contain myself! I might just have to let out a little dance move here in a second........I just did a back flip. For real.

Ok, I'm kidding. But seriously I'm ecstatic over what I'm about to share with you!

Could it be possible to have a pair of designer prescription glasses, shipped to my door, with free returns, all for UNDER $100? Also, if that's not already revolutionary enough, for every pair of glasses bought, this company GIVES a pair to a person in need? Are you freaking kidding me?

Before I get too far ahead of myself here, let me start off by saying that I'm a contact lens girl through and through. I do have glasses, but I NEVER wear them out of the house. Mostly because I've had the same pair of glasses since 9th grade and the prescription isn't up to date, but also because they are slightly bent out of shape from sleeping in them, stepping on them, sitting on them, etc. Basically my glasses are just plain messed up. I think after 11 years of use, I'm due for a new pair.

So, like any experienced bargain shopper, I started researching. My eye doctor is seriously THE best eye doctor in town (if you want to know his name, email me and I'll tell ya) but he's known for being just that...the best doctor. His glasses prices on the other hand are not exactly competitive. So I branched out. I found a place here in Cape that had a few pairs of glasses for around $70 that I liked (sorta), but to put my prescription in them (I'm blind, folks. For real.) it would cost an additional $50. That's putting me at $120 for a pair of glasses that aren't really that cute and that I'm only going to be wearing at night when I watch movies in bed. That's not ok with me, people!!

So, I happened to stumble upon Warby Parker when doing my research and checked into it a bit further.

I know what you're thinking....buying glasses online? Without trying them on? No dice.

But wait! Could it be true? Warby Parker has a Virtual Try-On feature....that freakin' rocks. It takes two seconds to upload a picture of yourself and then you're on your way to finding that perfect pair. I tried on literally every single pair of glasses they had to offer....in pretty much every color. Here's my choice:


"The Huxley" in Hazelwood.

And yes, I do think that it's just adorable that the color of the frames is called "Hazelwood." That's what I like to call fate, my friends.


Did you know that "15% of the world's population is unable to effectively learn or work because they can't see clearly?"** Warby Parker is here to remedy this serious issue. Seriously, go to their website and check out their mission statement. For every pair of $95 frames you buy (remember, that includes prescription, shipping, and returns.) Warby Parker gives a pair away. Also, check out their adorable founders. One of them also is a huge Hall and Oates fan....which just goes to show how truly legit these guys are.

Did I mention they sell monocles? How rad. Someone needs to tell Daniel to get one ASAP.


I can't wait until my frames get it! I'll share when they do.

Have a great weekend, everyone!

** Statement from Warby Parker website.

No comments:

Post a Comment