Pages

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Put a Cork in it, Dear.

I have a tiny problem. There's a hole in my kitchen's wall. Right above the sink, we ran out of backsplash (technically, a store-that-will-remain-anonymous ran out) and have never gotten around to finishing it. The Hubs says it looks fine the way it is. I say that when I'm washing dishes I'd like to look at something pretty instead of foam insulation and raw-edged wood. Call me crazy, but the kitchen just doesn't seem all that appealing to me with this unfinished space.



Thankfully, trusty Martha came through yet again with this idea for a DIY Corkboard. She affixed her cork sheets to the inside of an unused door frame.

Martha's Corkboard. Cute, huh? She must have painted her corkboard because I can't find it anywhere in pretty colors.

Here's how Daniel and I used a $6.99 roll of cork sheet from Ace Hardware to cover the unfinished space. Pretty handy if I do say so myself. Now I can look at sweet little notes and pictures while I'm doing the dishes. Ahhh...much better.


If there is something in your home that makes you feel in any way unhappy or stressed--take a minute and rectify that unfinished project. You'll be relieved that it's finished, and your hubby will be relieved that he doesn't have to hear you complain about it anymore ;) that is, until the next project comes along!

Hope your having a good week so far, everyone!



No comments:

Post a Comment