Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Product Reviews: Lips and Nails.

I have a love/hate relationship with painted nails and lipstick.

Most days, I love nail polish. Bright colors, pastels, dark maroons, bring 'em on. When my nails are painted....no one can tell how much dirt from gardening I have caked under there. Ha.


OPI's " Lincoln Park After Dark" is my old stand by. Photo from here.


But then I have those days where they're chipped and I'm too busy to touch them up. Or I'm feeling hippie-chic and organic and nail polish just doesn't seem to fit in with my style. Do you ever feel like that?

Lipstick is a tad different. I absolutely ADORE lipstick.....on other people. On me; not so much. I would love to pull off a look like this, but I'm a little reserved.



Taylor Swift sporting a Coral Lipstick. I like to think that Taylor and I have the same hair color so I sometimes try to match things to her...funny huh. Photo from here.

So while I still struggle with nail polish and lipstick, here are my fav's right now.



Essie's "Clambake" is a vibrant color I plan to wear right into fall. Photo from here.
 Finally, my new lipstick. Half chapstick, half lip color; this is THE mother of all wonderful smelling, soft feeling, natural looking shades. I even wore it to bed last night hehe.



Estee Lauder Pure Color Lipcolor in "Sensuous Nude." Photo from here.

Here's a close-up of the actual shade:


The only downside of this lipstick is the cost. $30 for lipstick?? Never thought I'd be willing to shuck out that kinda cash. When I bought it I also got a free makeover so I felt like I needed to buy something.....anyway I'm glad I did because it's amazing and you should go grab you a sample from Macy's. ASAP.

What are some of your favorite nail polishes and lipsticks right now?

1 comment:

  1. You know how I was so scared to get that Kat Von D lipstick? I'm obsessed with it now. I've been going bold and wearing the bright red underage red lipstick with the underage red lip gloss. It was a little hard to get used to at first but now I rock it! I'm so glad you gave me the courage to get it. I also like one called coral castle. I'm loving that one too when I feel like not sticking out. Haha. I'll have to try out that lipstick with the chapstick built in. I wind up putting on chapstick and then putting my lipstick on over it. Love the fingernail polish color but I'm with you. I get too lazy once it chips off. I really need to invest in some more of those peel and stick polish things by Sally Hansen.

    ReplyDelete