Pages

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Fried Green Tomatoes and Lemony Squash.

Ohhh I just love a good old Fried Green Tomato. Both the actual food and the movie starring Kathy Bates.

Feeling like a nice, long chuckle? Watch the "Parking Lot Rage" scene from the movie hehe :)


Anyway, back to the food.

Green Tomatoes are great in salsa, but my favorite way to eat them is fried. The reason they're so easy to fry is because green tomatoes aren't as juicy as red and so they slice really easily. Just dip the slices in milk, then in some flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Heat some olive oil in the skillet and fry away! Delicious, classic, summer side dish.





When I was a kid I ate so many one time that I puked them all up later. So, don't over-do it, ladies.

Another way to use your Farmer's Market finds is by grilling up some squash mixed in lemon juice. I like to brown the squash with lemon juice because it's not as fattening as oil, and takes the bitterness out of the squash. Throw on a few dashes of lemon pepper and you've got yourself some delicious, home-grown goodness right there.

Use the leftovers in a turkey wrap for lunch the next day! :)

Do you have any fresh produce recipes you'd like to share? I'd love to hear them!

1 comment: