Pages

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

An Asian-Inspired Menu, At Home!

Sometimes I just feel like a good old fashioned Chinese buffet, don't you? Who doesn't love corn nuggets and crab rangoon?? When you're craving take-out but can't get-out, here's an option for a night at home. (that's healthier, too!)

Main Course: Asian Pork Tenderloin with Rice

I bought a pork tenderloin that comes already seasoned with pepper and garlic. I simply sliced the loin and threw it in the skillet, marinating it in low-sodium soy sauce, rice vinegar, curry powder and some ground ginger. Cook until meat is no longer pink.


My handy little sauces and spices.

I added a bag of broccoli florets, which is one of my favorite veggies for stir-fry because the little trees absorb so much flavor. I let everything simmer for a few minutes and then I added a bag of steam and serve white rice. I love these bags of rice because they're the perfect amount for two people and only take about 4 minutes to cook in the microwave!


Side Dish: Poststickers w/Ginger Dipping Sauce

These Poststickers can be tricky to cook. The package has a few different recommended cooking instructions, but I like to do  my own thing :)


Tai Pei brand chicken potstickers from Wal-Mart. Postickers in the pot during the boiling phase.

I first boil the potstickers in water for about 10 minutes, or until they start to float. This heats up the meat on the inside of the potstickers. I then drain the water and transfer the potstickers to a skillet with a dash of EVOO. I brown the potstickers a bit on each side, tossing them in the skillet frequently so they don't stick. For the ginger dipping sauce, mix a few dashes of ground ginger with soy sauce and wasabi.


You're now ready to eat!

Oh, and P.S.....do you like my bangs???

This is my "hurry up and take the picture already" face.
Have a good Tuesday, friends!

1 comment:

  1. Loving the new bangs!!! I can't wait to see them in person tomorrow night!

    ReplyDelete