Pages

Thursday, November 3, 2011

"Spoon Man," Dinner Theatre, Farmer's Market and More..

Hello Friends! Are you thinking about the weekend already? Here are a few fun options if you're looking for something to do!

Today I'll be at the Cape Farmer's Market picking up some veggies to eat this week. I'm going to be practicing some side dishes for Thanksgiving, so stay tuned for those recipes on Tuesdays! Don't forget that Thursday, November 17th is the LAST FARMERS MARKET OF THE SEASON! Stock up while you can! Don't forget that most veggies can be frozen or canned!

Tomorrow, Friday 11/4, Annie Laurie's Antiques will have a special guest, the "Spoon Man" Owen Sloan. Mr. Sloan will be at Annie Laurie's from 10am-10pm showcasing his handmade spoon rings, bracelets and pendants. Laurie will also have some free food at 5pm.You can bring a special spoon of your own and have Mr. Sloan create a piece of jewelry that's uniquely you! I am going to bring one of my Nana's spoons and have him make a bracelet for me. It'll be a neat keepsake :) I'm also thinking about getting a few other spoon bracelets for Christmas gifts! I'll probably be there around noon so see you there!



Laurie with The Spoon Man

Tomorrow night I will be selling tickets at the River City Players Community Theatre's production of "First Thing's First! If you've never been to a dinner theatre show before, you're missing out! The food is delicious and they'll have an open bar as well. Dinner is at 7pm with the show starting at 8pm! Hope to see you there!



Since my hubby is out of town, John and I are going to be spending some quality Mommy-Son time on Saturday and Sunday. Saturday, St. Andrew Lutheran Church will be having a FREE Children's Fair with face painting, jumbo jumpers and more. The event is in celebration of National Adoption Month and they will have information on adoption there too--something that I'm really interested in. Also, my good friend Emmy is a youth pastor for St. Andrew Lutheran so any support I can show her and her church is a plus :) I believe the festivities start at 11am and go until 2pm.

Do you know of any family fun events happening in the area this weekend? A good site to check out is semoevents.com. You can search by date and voila! Events in our area! I did a search for this Saturday and that's how I found out about the Children's Fair.

See you at the Market this afternoon?

No comments:

Post a Comment