Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

Guest Blogger: Robyn 11/18

Hello friends! I'd like to introduce to you Robyn, our guest blogger for today. Robyn is a new friend of mine and is truly one of the most sincere, kind-hearted people I have ever met. She's the type of girl who goes out of her way to do something for someone else--on a daily basis! Robyn works at my church Cape Bible Chapel as the Communications Coordinator. Welcome Robyn!


Oh Gosh, Wow that was some introduction. Thanks hon, I will try very hard to live up to it.

When Leslie asked me to do her guest blog I had a slight tinge of panic. You see, I’m no writer. I tend to type how I talk, I tend to talk how I think, and I tend to think in a pattern that resembles a major highway whose contractor was on crack.  


Then she said it would be her FASHION FRIDAY EDITION. At this point hyperventilation was starting to kick in. As you can see from the picture above; ponytails and blue jeans are my usual M.O. Leslie is one of the most fashion savvy people I know. I can’t think of a time when she didn’t look fabulous.

However, like any red blooded American girl I do like to doll up occasionally. So you will not be seeing my t-shirt collection, or how many ponytail bands you can spot in my home in a 5ft area. Instead you will see one of my most favorite new (to me) dresses I have found.



TA DA!!!! Groovy huh?!
I found this dress at The Immaculate Conception Catholic Church Rummage Sale. I think I got it for probably less than one dollar. So happy!!! When I first spotted it I couldn’t decide if I loved it or hated it. It had long sleeves that had puffs at the top, but when I tried it on it fit perfectly. So I brought it home and removed the sleeves. I had a thick black belt from another dress that I used to cut the dress in half and kind of give your eyes a bit of a focal point since the pattern is so busy. I have my hair in an up-do to make the look dressier. I like how the V in the dress’ neck and having my hair up makes my neck look. I added some gold hoop earrings for a bit of sparkle. I have been wearing my black boots with this dress since my other favorite pair of black pumps died a few months back, RIP. But I have recently bought a replacement pair.


Since the weather is getting colder I have been playing around with some new looks for my dress since it is made of polyester and has a long skirt I’m hoping with the right sweater it can be a multi-season dress.


I hope you have liked this edition of Fashion Friday. If not, have no fear, Leslie will be back next week. So I will sign off and say thanks so much for reading and I hope you have a blessed day!



p.s. Here are my “Ode to Leslie” cheetah print wedges. They are so much more fun than plain black shoes. Thanks Leslie for having faith in me, for your lovely spirit, and for your great fashion sense.

Safe Journey
Robyn


1 comment: