Pages

Friday, June 10, 2011

Fashion Friday: Top 3 Beauty Tips


Are any of you addicting to reading about beauty tips and secrets? Do you regularly scan through websites and blog posts looking for ways to become skinner and more beautiful?

If you are, don’t worry, I use to be just like you. I have always wanted to be skinnier. Every time I saw an article about weight loss, dieting, etc I poured through it trying to figure out the new tips and suggestions. Most of the workout routines I found, I tried. It was a terrible feeling to discover the newest fad, tip, or secret wasn’t working.

After doing this for years I realized a few things. I realized that most programs were more about making money than actually helping people meet their goals.

The rest of what I discovered I made into my top 3 beauty tips.

3. Our bodies are the Temple of Christ

1 Corinthians 6:19-20 says:

"Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.”

Our bodies are temples of Christ. We need to respect this by respecting ourselves and our bodies. This means we need to take care of our bodies. We need to learn self-control so we can control our eating and exercise habits. We also need to respect ourselves so we are able to not abuse our bodies in anyway. Take care of the body Christ knit together for you. (“For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.” Psalm 139:13)

2.      Inner beauty v.s. outward beauty

Your inner beauty has more importance than you may realize. Scripture has this to say about inner beauty:

1 Peter 3:3-4:

“Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight.”

I suggest that you live each day trying to make the inner you more beautiful! Start by making sure you live each day showing the Fruits of the Spirit! 

Galatians 5:22-23:

“But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.” 

Use these to guide your ways and your inner beauty will shine the light of Jesus in the darkest of places.

This leads me to the most important beauty tip: 

1.      God looks at the heart 

The most important thing to remember comes from 1 Samuel 16:7-

“The LORD does not look at the things people look at. People look at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”

When God is looking down on us he does not see us the way the people of the world sees people. He sees each one of His creations as beautiful! 

Psalm 139:14:

“I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.”

I pray that each of you realizes how special and beautiful you are. I pray that you live each day discovering and living the way God views you. I pray that you share your joy with others as you discover all the wonderful works of Jesus!

Thank you so much to all of you who have been reading my blogs! I have had a wonderful time guest blogging for my amazing friend Leslie! If in the future I decide to start my own blog I will let Leslie know so she can share with you!

Love Kathleen :)

No comments:

Post a Comment