Pages

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Say You’re New


Has anyone struggled with the transition from a non Christ follower to a sold out Christ follower? If you are like me, you certainly have!

I was always so confused. I constantly struggled with the fact that my sinful nature always wanted to take control. I keep thinking how can I really be saved?

I actuality I got saved 5 years before I became a Christ follower. For 5 years I said I was a Christian but I had no idea what that really meant. I never really showed Christ’s love through me because I had no idea what it was. I tried to set a “good example” but I think I confused a lot of people and myself.

When I finally realized that being a Christian was less about religion and going to church and MORE about having a relationship with Jesus it changed my life!

I would like to share with you a scripture that has helped me through this journey tremendously!

2 Corinthians 5:17 NKJV

“Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new.”

 I came across this one day and just sat in awe! God sees me as a new creation! He does not see all my sin and my past mistakes, instead he sees me as a new creation!

I hope all of you can realize that you a new creation in Christ! Proclaim it to the world! Do not let anyone from your past try to make you feel bad for your past mistakes. You are a new creation. They only remember the old you. Know the truth so that when you run into one of your old friends you can be a witness to them.

Here are some additional resources I would like to share with you on this subject.

ID in Jesus blog- this blog is done by my older sister. Her blog is all about helping people learn about their identity in Jesus. I encourage all of you to check it out! Here is the link to her blog: http://sheriyates.blogspot.com/  

The book Faith Food Devotions- this book is filled with wonderful daily devotionals that will stretch your faith so much!

I pray that you all realize the wonderful creations you are in Jesus! I pray you go out into the world and preach the good news!

Have a wonderful day! Please feel free to leave me feedback as I come closer to the end of my guest blogging! :) Thank you all!

Love, Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment