Pages

Monday, June 13, 2011

handmade with love.

I'm baaaack! We had a great time on vacation! I know you all loved reading Kathleen's posts while I was away. Thanks again Kathleen! Maybe someday when she starts her own blog I will guest-blog for her :)

I'm still recovering from our travels, so I'll post pics on our vacation within the next couple of days. I did finish a craft I was working on, so I thought I'd share it with you today. I'm still trying to stick to my plan to either make something or buy something used when it comes to gifts for others, so I made this baby blanket for a friend.





At first I wasn't 100% in love with the colors, but now I think they're adorable! Since the sex of the baby is going to be a surprise, I wanted to make something that wasn't gender specific. I think I nailed it! What do you guys think? I know the left side is a little looser than the right, but oh well :p



I made this using double stitch crochet. I only know two stiches in crochet, single and double, and when I use a thin yarn like this I always use double stitch so it goes a little faster. I use single stitch when I'm working with thick wool, like for a chunky scarf. I learned how to crochet from my highschool boyfriend's mom, go figure. My crochet abilites are limited to scarves and blankets......that's it. This Christmas I plan to make a large amount of scarves as presents :) Do you crochet or knit?

I'll post my "Sanity Saving Monday Tip" later tonight once it's finished. Love you guys and I've missed you!!! Hope everyone had a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment