Pages

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

SUMMER BLOG CONTEST!!

Hey friends! The Spring Blog Contest I did back in April went over so well and was so much fun, I want to do another one! Before, I wanted to know what you (my readers) enjoyed about my blog the most, or a favorite blog post of mine. Now I want to know.......What is your favorite hobby or "down-time" activity?? Basically, when you have an hour of free time with just YOU, what activity do you jump at doing? Examples could be exercising, baking, reading, gardening, you name it! If you're like me, you have an entire list of hobbies and activities that you wish you had more time to work on.

Here's my list of my favorite "Mommy Time" activities:
  • Spending time with my Savior
  • Working with my Sewing Machine
  • Working in my garden
  • Researching Organizing Tips
  • Picking Wildflowers
  • Listening to Ray Lamontagne and painting my nails on the back porch.
I could go on and on, but these are my current favorite "me" things to do. Some of these things I do daily, while others I indulge in only every month or so.

I just want to get to know you a little better! Respond to this post or to my facebook wall with your answer and your name will be entered in to win! Last time I let John draw the winner's name from a hat to be fair :)

HERE'S WHAT THE LUCKY WINNER WILL RECEIVE!!



The BEST book I've read this summer! Get ready to change your entire perspective on your own personal Salvation....



Hope you like it!


  • A Homemade Throw Pillow sewn by yours truly :)



  • A Personal Shopping Trip to Target with ME! We'll meet at Target and style together an outfit of your choice, and I'll pay for $30.00 worth of that outfit!! WOW!! If you live out of town, I'll mail you the rest of your winnings and a $30.00 Target Gift Card.


You will have until this Saturday, July 2nd to enter to win. Remember, simply respond to this blog post or to my facebook page to enter. GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!! I hope you're as excited as I am!!

12 comments:

  1. Well let's see here....I'm always down for reading a book. Actually that would be my number one. Then antique shopping, looking at photography/fashion blogs online :), and occasionally exercising maneuvers it's way in there. (hopefully more so from now on...) Eeeee! Oh and I loveeeeeee Target :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i have a million me time activities! I enjoy hanging my hammock in the park and reading a book. Taking a run or bike ride. Sitting in a coffee shop and people watching. Going somewhere and taking photographs....
    I think those are my fav. Love ya friend and miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a couple things that I feel guilt free doing when I have spare time.
    1. Geocaching-although it's fun going with someone. It's kind of nice to pat yourself on the back when you find a geocache.
    2. going for walks-I love to put on some face paced music and hit the road. Not to mention it's a nice way to get some exercise.
    3. taking a long bath- I usually tune into The Black Keys on Pandora and soak. I have these awesome bath salts that are really great to use too.
    4. Last but not least. Internet surf. This is my guilty pleasure. I love getting on the computer and going to as many funny/waste of time sites I can.

    Call me soon! I need to finish out my primo card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So fun!

    I love to read in my free time - right now Harry Potter OF COURSE!

    Hanging out with my dog.

    Watching girly movies.

    Working on writing fiction stories.

    Practicing piano.

    Reading blogs!

    Finding new music to listen to. (Been really into Lenka lately.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pillows!

    Let's see, in my spare time I like to:

    1. Take pictures (of everything!)
    2. Look at photos in magazines, online, real prints and learn from them.
    3. Listen to my favorite music and discover new music
    4. Go for a run
    5. Lately I've been watching a lot of movies lately, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. With three kids, I so rarely get to do things for myself. My "me time" indulgences are reading, sitting on my screened-in porch watching the squirrels and birds in my back yard, and giving myself a manicure and pedicure. I have to wait until the kids are asleep to do my nails, because even reaching into the cabinet where the nail polish is sends my girls running to me wanting their nails painted!

    ReplyDelete
  7. YAY-another contest!

    Hands-down, my favorite me-time activity is driving, preferably with the windows down and music loud! It's where I process and pray and worship and dance ;) I love sitting on my front porch or at the park with a cold drink and a good book. I often multi-task and watch a good movie or TV show while I cross things off my to-do list. I actually really enjoy organizing. I love taking everything out of my closet and putting together new outfits. Creating (anything: writing, painting, drawing, sewing, crochet, scrapbooks, photography, etc) is also something I am very passionate about and that really energizes me but sadly I don't spend enough time doing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Reading! (specifically, while soaking in a tub with bath salts or a bath bomb) I'm also getting in to photography. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey! My favorite thing to do is worship! I love slipping off and having time with Jesus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I enjoy reading, but if the weather is nice I like to take a good book outside. For some reason it heightens the senses and makes the book even more enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow! What a great contest! Thank you!
    When I have time to myself, I love to dream about travel. Whether it's looking up dream destinations online or reading about different countries. Of course I would be having a delicious cup of coffee too! :)

    vandango33 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete