Pages

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I love my readers, and you deserve better!

Hi readers. Miss you. Sorry I haven't been around much, but I can tell you that it's all for (fairly) good reasons.

1. I haven't had much to say. I've felt a little bit of a creativity block this past week. My brain usually has one or two good craft ideas and/or organizing strategies flying around, but not this week. Must be the caffeine withdraws I'm having since my coffee pot gave out on me Saturday. Sigh.

2. My sister is in the hospital. She had surgery and is needing to stay in the hospital awhile longer to get healthy. Prayers are welcome for her! She's a tough one but I know she doesn't like staying in bed. I've been working half days this week so I can sit with her at the hospital in the afternoon until I have play practice.

3. FAITH COUNTY OPENING NIGHT IS FRIDAY!! While I'm super excited to be onstage again, I'm also very exhausted. Between work, hospital visits, and evening dress rehearsals, I'm worn pretty thin this week. But trust me when I say I won't let exhaustion interfere with my performance :) Please come see the show if you can, it's going to be hilarious!

4. I cannot buy anything. It's day 4 of not buying things I don't need and trying to re-purpose things I already have. I was super pumped a week ago in thinking about starting this Shopping Fast, but it's already proving to be pretty difficult. Like I said, my coffee pot gave out on us so I don't currently have one. I also didn't end up getting a new digital camera so I can't take any pictures, which just kills me because I love having pictures with my posts. Mother's Day is Sunday so I'm trying to think of creative gifts, and it's also my sister's birthday Saturday and I want to do something really special for her since she's in the hospital. This is all really difficult when you can't buy something new and you're already busy as it is!!

Thankfully I've already thought of a plan for Mother's Day gifts. For relatives who live far away, I plan to use blank stationary cards I already have instead of buying brand new cards. I'll put a poem in some and Bible versus in the others. I also have TONS of extra pics of my family just laying around waiting to be scrap-booked, so I think I'll cut them down to wallet size and stick some photos in with the cards. That way there is a special keepsake in with the card. For my Mom, Nana, and Aunt Gina, I'm just planning to pay their way into my play. They're going to the Mother's Day Matinee Show which includes dessert for $20.00 per ticket. What do you think? Does that sound ok as far as gifts go? I will of course give my Mom, Nana, and Aunt Gina a stationary card as well with some wallet pics.

How have you guys been surviving this past week? I know some of you are working on finals and finishing up your teaching semester. I also know that some of you are in the same boat as I am when it comes to being just all around BUSY. Let's pray for each other this week, so that we can have renewed energy and strength.

Lord, I thank you for all of the fun and exciting things that we have going on in our lives right now. I also want to thank you for the trials and troubled times that are happening as well. Your Word says that we go through difficult times so that we may become closer to you, so I praise you for that. Please give my friends and I extra strength this week. Help us to remember that none of the petty things in life matter, only You matter and furthering your Kingdom. I love you, Daddy.

xoxo,
Les

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry to hear about your sister! And your coffee pot... I wish I could make it to your play but I can't wait to hear about it on here! I hope your life starts to calm down a bit or that you can at least find a few moments to rest in the midst of the chaos :)

    I am also running on close to empty lately... wrapping up my internship this week and looking for a new job, my sister having surgery today, family out of town leaves me babysitting all weekend, two graduations and two weddings this month in different cities, etc. It's just a crazy month for everyone I feel like!

    I'll definitely keep you in my prayers this week, and I'd appreciate yours as well!

    ReplyDelete