Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Tomorrow is TOM'S One Day Without Shoes!

TOM'S shoes is getting the word out about diseases that affect children in underdeveloped countries because of inadequate footwear by having a One Day Without Shoes. The idea is to go an entire day without wearing shoes and see how it affects your day. Children in underdeveloped countries are sometimes not allowed to participate in school without shoes, not to mention all the dangers and diseases that can come from not owning a pair of shoes. The mission of TOM'S is One for One, which means that for each pair of shoes you buy a pair is given to a child in need. Pretty neat huh? Daniel, JD, and I all three have a pair!



 I plan to try to go without shoes tomorrow as much as possible. My day is pretty routine, I have work, then I'm meeting Emily for coffee at 5:30, then play practice at 7pm. I'm expecting a few stares, as well as questions as to why I'm not wearing shoes, but I'm prepared to answer them!

John is even going to be wearing a special shirt I made him just for ODWS:





I know it's hard for some people to go an entire day without shoes, but I encourage you to try. Even if it's just walking the dog around the block without shoes! Take note of how the ground feels to your bare feet, and all the obstacles you encounter just by going outside for a few minutes without shoes. Then imagine a child growing up without ever putting on shoes!

Also, you can visit the TOM'S website and buy your very own pair to support!

I can't wait to share with you my day tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment