Pages

Monday, April 25, 2011

What you've missed...

In case you didn't notice, I haven't posted in a week. This is rare for me, because I try to post almost every day and for sure every week day. Everything is ok, I just got a little overwhelmed with the business of life and needed some time off. Here is a quick re-cap of all that's been happening the past week. Now, let's move on to the week ahead!

1. Extreme Weather
We've had crazy weather conditions the past week. Tornado sirens, flash floods, lots of lightening....just craziness! Last week I had play practice and I brought John with me. We practice in one of the meeting rooms of Port Cape Restaurant, which is right along the river in Cape Girardeau. About 8:30pm when practice was about to wrap up, we heard that there was a Tornado Warning and we needed to seek shelter. So about 100 people in the restaurant filed into the back kitchen and we stayed there for 30 minutes. Everyone was hot, tired, and cranky...except for John. He was loving it!
John cheesin' on the prep table in the Port Cape kitchen. There were about 100 people standing to the right and left of him, he was clearly the star of the show.

2. My mom had a birthday.

Happy Birthday Grammy!

John and my sister, Lauren. AKA La La.


3. My MIL and FIL had a birthday - On the same day!
Daniel's Mom and Dad have the same birthday! Crazy huh! Since his mom Cynthia was turning the big 50, Daniel's dad planned a surprise birthday party for her, and bought her a new toy! My gracious Mom helped me with the decorating and organizing for the party. Thanks Mom :) It rained the entire day but we stayed dry under a pavilion at Cape County Park. We had a great turnout despite the weather and Cynthia had a blast!



Cynthia and her new Jeep!!!!



 Daniel was the grill master with his best friend Noah.


Thanks to everyone who made the day special!

Mom and Dad Hazelwood at their party.


 Cutest. Picture. Ever. Love them both!!

 
4. Easter
Time to Celebrate! Our Savior is Risen! I love holidays and Easter is probably my favorite because it celebrates my reason for existing....because Christ Lives! We had a lovely dinner at the Hazelwoods and my Mom and Sister came too! Daniel made his special Banana Cream Pie and my mom brought her famous strawberry salad. Even though it was raining (AGAIN!) We enjoyed our time together as a family.

Easter Dinner.



Hunting eggs indoors didn't bother this guy!



5. Convictions.
This week I learned a lot about time management and how to plan accordingly. I had a few breakdowns during the week, and found myself crying a lot just because of issues beyond my control. Ultimately I learned that I can't control the weather, and I can't control other people's actions. Something I can control is how I respond to the actions of others and how I let circumstances affect me. I had several serious talks with God and I think I'm better now because of them. I hope you all had a great week and I can't wait to share with you some tips and tricks to help you manage your time better and to help you stay happy and healthy. See you in the morning friends!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment