Pages

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Feelin' Crafty: Fabric Sachets.

With the spirit of re-purposing and making handmade gifts still in mind, last night I whipped up these little fragrant pouches. Good for your wardrobe drawers, your car, your office...anywhere you want a little burst of fresh scent.

I used pre-cut fabric "fat corners" as they're called at Hobby Lobby. I think they're used in quilting. Any scrap of fabric will work though.







This is the little packet-o-scent that I got from Wal-Mart for $1.00 each. I used about 1 1/2 packets per sachet, in the "Fresh Linen" scent. Lovely.






I sewed three edges together, then poured the fragrant beads into the pouch and sewed together the final edge. The finished product: fresh-smelling little pockets of cuteness.

Are you working on any projects currently?

Sort of off the topic here, but I'm looking for someone who can show me how to sew clothing from patterns. I'd like to start making dresses or tops myself, but I don't know how from patterns. Know anyone who would be willing to teach a few lessons? I can pay in food and/or swapping of goods :)

Have a great Thursday everyone!





1 comment:

  1. This is such a great idea! I love that! I need to go to hobby lobby and get some scrap material. This looks like such a good gift for someone on a budget. Not to mention, who doesn't like stuff that smells good!

    ReplyDelete