Pages

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Random little things.

Check this guy out. It's a moth, but I'm not sure what kind. Prettiest one I've ever seen though! Instead of squashing him I scooped him up inside a cup and set him free.



Look how grown up John looks in this pic with Nana. His back is so straight and he's sitting nice and tall.




My two boys have been a bit obsessed with Angry Birds lately. So much so that find myself humming the song daily. Ha.





French fries and chicken fingers with Uncle Donald make for a great Sunday afternoon lunch.






These are still my favorite sandals. I've had them for years but still love them. The big toe protector is awesome for keeping playground pee gravel away from my feet.





Ok all you plant gurus. What the heck is this thing?? It popped up right along our front porch. Christine says it's a Rhubarb plant. I say it's a giant weed.






Here's a close-up of the little white blooms it has on it. Does that help? What do you think it is?





As you can see, the stem is really think and red. Rhubarb? Weed? What do you think? Or, if you don't know what it is, do you think it would be totally weird of me to take the photo's by the conservation center and ask them what it is?


How are you spending your Tuesday?

3 comments:

  1. That's a weed. Rhubarb looks different and doesn't have one stalk with a bunch of leaves. It has one stalk with one leaf but there's bunch of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DEFINATELY not a RUBARB! just a weed!! John does look so grown up!! I miss you guys so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is pokeweed. It is toxic and grows and reproduces really fast. I'd get rid of it if I were you, because before you know it, it will take over!

    ReplyDelete