Pages

Monday, July 11, 2011

Sanity Saving Monday Tip: Don't Get Too Excited, Kid.

When I was a kid, the night before a big event I would stay awake for hours in anticipation for the next day. Even in high school I remember not sleeping at all the night before one of my plays, or a speech and debate tournament. (I know, I know. I'm a dork, ok? And I like it!)

 Lately, I've been getting excited about a lot of things going on in my life and needless to say I have not been getting much sleep.

We've got several projects we're working on in our business and in our family life that we need prayer for. Nothing major, just some things that we're hoping to accomplish in the next few months. I don't want to get too excited for these things, because some of them might not even come to pass. I just wanted you guys to know what's going on so that if I don't blog for a day, you'll know that it's not that I don't love you, it's that we're flat out busy. And I'm sleep deprived so I need to catch up on some much needed ZZZ's.

So, my Monday Tip is: Don't freak out and get too excited for things that might not even happen. Just keep focusing on what you KNOW is truth, and what you NEED to be doing in order to be successful and for your family to be happy.

If you're like me, it's hard to get an idea out of your head once you latch onto it. My advice is to get busy doing something you love, so that you're not focusing 100% of your attention on something that might not even happen. Read a new book. Work on a new craft. Bump up your exercise regimen. Get your mind on things that you KNOW.

Also, remember that "Our Lord God is a sun and shield. The Lord gives grace and glory. No good thing does He withhold from those who walk in His path." Psalms 84:11.

That's all you need to know right there. As long as you're following JC, he's not going to withhold anything good from your life from happening. Comprende, amigos?

Oh, yeah. Don't forget that tonight is SEMO BLOGGERS first meeting! See ya at Calix at 6pm!

xoxo,
Les

No comments:

Post a Comment