Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Summer Inspiration.

So many beautiful things around me lately. I've been so busy with....well just life in general that I had almost forgotten to stop and look at all the lovely things of summer.



I love this wallpaper that still covers the walls in this historic home, built in 1906. Wallpaper is really making a comeback in the decorating world!


 Zooey Deschanel's floral dress reminds me of the wall paper, and of easy, breezy summer style.



These hydrangeas sit outside a home we toured. I wanted to pick just one but we were about 45 minutes from home and I didn't want it to die in the car. I would plant hydrangeas all along my house if they didn't look so....well dead in the winter months. You're not supposed to trim a hydrangea back in the off months which is odd to me.




I saw this outdoor fabric on sale at Hancocks and had to have it. Winnie keeps chewing up my outdoor pillows so I'm going to re-cover them with this whimsical sky blue fabric.



I wear this headband often, made by a dear friend of mine. Everytime I wear it I feel happy. Don't you just smile looking at it?

Ok, my final summer inspiration: this song by the Temper Trap. Windows down, music blaring, John clapping in the backseat....life can't get any better than this.



What are some of your favorite things of summer? Do you have any songs or colors that you look to for inspiration?

Happy Tuesday, everyone!



1 comment:

  1. Love Zooey Deschanel and her dress. You totally remind me of her! Is the wallpaper from the house we were talking about yesterday- I like it! Headband's super cute too!

    My summer inspiration includes driving around with the windows down (music blaring of course-Ingrid Michaelson's CD lately), picking wildflowers in the country, laying by a pool in my new sunhat, and drinking cold fruity drinks!

    ReplyDelete