Pages

Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Global Warming + Easy Skillet Dinner.

Whatever the reason for the strangely warm weather we've been having, I'll take it! Though I do appreciate the warning, Al.



Might have to shield your eyes from the screen. Those two stark white legs you see before you are bare. In January. No tights necessary when it's 55 degrees and sunny!



Silk Shirt: Thrifted. Wool Skirt: J.Crew Sale. Sparkly Heels: JCP, Olsenboye brand.
Since the weather is so nice, I haven't been in much of a cooking/cleaning mood. Sorry family. When I don't feel like slaving over a stove for an hour I like to cook frozen skillet meals like this little number from Bertolli.



This Chicken Florentine meal is our favorite. The only problem with frozen, processed meals like this is the HUGE amount of sodium. The bulk of the sodium content from this particular meal is in the sauce, so I always throw out some of the frozen "sauce cubes" before I add it to the skillet. I also like to add extra veggies to the meal to make it a bit healthier. Since this Bertolli meal comes with spinach, I went ahead and added extra.

What's your go-to meal on busy nights aka lazy nights?

Also, am I the only one sporting bare legs or is anyone else out there taking advantage of the amazing weather?

1 comment:

  1. This is my favorite frozen dinner too!!!!! I hate cooking (and I'm not that good at it) so this is a great, simple, quick meal that I like to throw together. The Chicken Florentine is my all time favorite and almost always pick it up when I'm at the grocery store. What's even better is that since it's just me eating, I eat half one day and save the rest for the next day! :D

    ReplyDelete