Pages

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Sex Before Marriage.

You might not know this about me, but I think it's an important reason why I have become the person I am today: I got pregnant before I was married.

There. The secrets out!

While I never intended to have sex before marriage, it just happened. And actually, I'm sure it's happened to a lot more "christian girls" than you think, they just haven't been caught because they didn't get pregnant.

While I do strongly believe that God intends for sex to be between a man and his wife, I know that I'm a sinner, and so are you. We all mess up. That's the cool thing about Grace. That's the amazing thing about Forgiveness.

If I hadn't gotten pregnant, I wouldn't have the best kid in the entire world sitting in my lap right now. I honestly probably wouldn't be married, either. God had other plans, didn't he?

I like to think that my past has helped mold me into the woman I am today. And, not to pat myself on the back or anything, I think I'm a pretty cool person. Dorky, but cool.

I have just had this message on my heart for awhile now. If an event from your past makes you cringe every time you think about it and you get this guilty or ashamed feeling inside-----just stop right now. You are an amazing, unique individual that God crafted in His image. He knew we'd screw things up, that's why he sent His Son. So don't be ashamed of anything. Just curl up in the Father's lap and tell Him all about it. He's there, waiting to hear all your crazy, embarrassing stories. He's there, waiting to forgive you.


Polka Dot Blouse: NY&Co, recent purchase, bought with a Gift Card. Cords: Kohls. Booties: Macy's.
 Another cool thing about Love and Forgiveness, I can wear crazy things like this polka dot blouse. And those that matter in my life, really don't mind. And those that do mind that I'm wearing this crazy polka dot blouse, really don't matter. Thanks, Dr. Seuss.

2 comments:

  1. I love this post! I love your polka dot blouse and the Dr. Seuss quote. I love your story most of all! I was reminded of the verse in Psalm 103 that says the Lord remembers that we are dust... And the story in Luke where the prostitue who comes to worship Jesus. The people he was with freak out and his response to them was that "those who are forgiven much, love much." I have made a lot of mistakes in my life but the Lord does promise to redeem and restore ALL things, and I believe that somehow through each mistake that I've made I can know the Lord's forgiveness and grace in a more intimate way than if I had never messed up and run to him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so right Ashley! I used to get embarrassed all the time and feel guilty for my mistakes. Now I just laugh about things. God's the only one who matters!

    ReplyDelete