Pages

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Timid

Nobody likes to be teased.

I live in a semi-small city. Even though it's a college town where you would think that people are "hip and cool," Cape Geezy, MO is a little behind when it comes to fashion. Mullet skirts, harem pants and fur vests are not welcome, let's just put it that way.

I have really blossomed the past year with my wardrobe (in my opinion, anyway!) and I love what I put on almost every morning. So for someone to say "is that what you're wearing?" or "do you really think that looks good?"----stings, just a bit. I go back to that fourth grade insecure feeling and want to hide behind my mom's legs.

This outfit raised some eyebrows the other day--but I loved it. The skirt is super comfortable, and I love sweater tights. Niiiice and cozy.


I guess the grey tights, leopard flats and brown tee threw people off. Or maybe the high waisted skirt?? I honestly can say I'm not sure why this outfit was questionable. Do you think I look like a crazy person? Maybe I'm in denial.


Tee: Gap, favorite fit. Mini Skirt: J. Crew super sale! Sweater tights: Target. Flats: Target.
 If I've learned anything over the past year, it's that I can't keep contemplating if what I'm wearing looks "acceptable" or not. Everyone has differing tastes and preferences. I have to be ME and love ME. I hope you'll do the same. Wear what you love, what's comfy, what's honest.



"A true friend loves at all times." Proverbs 17:17

5 comments:

  1. Leslie, I have to say, honestly, I see ABSOLUTELY NOTHING wrong with your outfit! I'm not sure what that person thought, but I'm with you...love you and be yourself! I believe Dr. Suess said "Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.” And he was a very wise man :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does that skirt have pockets? If so I am in love! I love skirts and dresses with pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks fab! You can see the high waist skirt in Madrid with flats all the time!!!!

    Kisses hun! Happy new year!
    Stefi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that skirt! What a great color! Let's trade closets.

    ReplyDelete